The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 14, 2005 at 00:25
mikeypas
Long Time Member
April 2003
I have a Sony AV3000 -- works great with all my components...
I hook up my laptop (media center 2004) to my TV and AV Receiver, works great. The Media Center laptop comes with a media center remote control, which interfaces with a IR receiver that connects to the computer.

Anyway, I'm trying to learn from this remote control to the AV3000, but I get this weird quirk.
Everything "learns" correctly, but when I press a button, like DOWN (in order to scroll down the menu), it will only work once. It will go down, and if I press DOWN again, it will not go down again on the menu. I need to press another button (any other button) and then press down again, and it will work.

Another example, if a movie is playing, and I want to fast forward, normally, on the media center remote, i can hit fast forward and it will fast forward slowly. if i press fast forward again, it will go faster.. and so on.
however, if i try it on the av3000, i press fast forward once, it will only go to the slow fast forward. if i hit it again, nothing will happen. i must press another button, and then i can hit fast forward again.

just to make things clear, after learning from the media center remote onto the av3000, i can only press a button once. in order to have the button work again, i need to press another button in between.

anyone have any ideas?
i'd appreciate any help or suggestions..
thanks
mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse