Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday November 2, 2005 at 11:23
StevenKC
Long Time Member
October 2005
Mike,

I have a Sony AV 3000 and really like it alot. I used to own a Sony ES receiver along with a DVD player, CD Recorder, VHS and cable box hooked up to the ES receiver. My Sony 3000 handled everything with ease. You shouldn't have any problems programing Zone 2 with the 3000. It has Macro's that you can program to do that. Plus, it also has round component buttons that may also be programmed for a multi-function task.

Ironically, I just upgraded my Sony ES receiver to the Denon AVR-3805 receiver and replaced my entire speaker system with a 7.1 Phase Technology speaker setup. The reason I'm telling you this is because when I was looking at new speakers, everyone would ask me what I'm powering my system with. I told them a Sony ES receiver. Everytime, the reply was, "ouch....get a new receiver and THEN come talk to us about speakers." So I did and I love my Denon receiver. I hope this helps give you some insight as to what a fellow Sony ES person went thru.

In closing, I DO like my Sony AV 3000 remote. It was easy to program, and has an easy to read manual with easy to set up macros. Even the round function buttons on the remote, I programmed for multiple functions. The only thing I miss on the 3000 is the ability to label the touchscreen buttons to what I want them to say. On each touchscreen button, you have a choice of 4 predetermined labels for each button. The 3000 learns commands well and has great presets.

Hosting Services by ipHouse