Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday January 2, 2006 at 16:53
djmoll
Lurking Member
January 2006
Ron,
Thanks. Possibly you are correct about my confusion . . .!! Below are two excerpts from the RM-VL900 review on this site, plus a paragraph from the manual. It certainly looks like you can "directly selecting seven television...inputs on Sony components".

The review talks about an INPUT button on the RM-VL900, but I don't see it on the keypad.

The manual talks about using the TV/VIDEO key plus a number to select an input on a Sony TV.

Do either of these methods work??? I suspect your experience may be more accurate than either the review or the manual!!

(Your suggested work around using the CHANNEL select my work on both remotes.)

Thanks for any additional clarification you or others can offer.

Djmoll

[from the review]
"Like the AV2000 and AV2100, the VL900 includes dual-button commands for directly selecting seven television or six VCR inputs on Sony components. Owners of other brands may use these double-buttons to learn different functions if they desire. "

"Dual key assignments: Some buttons can hold a dual-key sequence; for instance INPUT plus a keypad button from 0 to 6 will directly select the input on a Sony television. A similar feature is available for Sony VCRs. RECORD functions may be stored on an instant REC button, or a safer REC+PLAY combination."

[from manual, pg. 14]
About the input select of a TV
Each time the TV/Video button is pressed, the input is changed in order. It is also poissible to select directly as follows when you are connecting more than two VCRs.
TV/VIDEO + 0 : TV tuner
TV/VIDEO + 1 : VIDEO1
TV/VIDEO + 2 : VIDEO2
etc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse