Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 68 made on Friday May 16, 2008 at 12:33
Ron Aronson
June 2002
The face of the 720 is almost identical to the 710 with a few minor exceptions which wouldn't affect this procedure, so I would have to say the "input mode" button is the one to press.

The receiver might not display the mode change, so if it doesn't then the only way to tell if it changed is to use the remote, which will not operate the receiver if it changed to AV1 but will operate it if it is still in AV2. Also, the fact that your older receiver remote will not operate the 720 further indicates it is still in AV2 command mode.

If you think you have performed the procedure correctly, and the remote continues to operate the receiver, then it's possible that it cannot be changed, but from what I have learned almost every Sony receiver since the inception of the AV1/AV2 command modes (around 2002 if memory serves) have the ability to be changed to AV1, even if their remote does not on a few of the lower end models.

Since the procedure isn't in the manual, and was reported by another member, there is no way for me to verify that it actually works, and we haven't received any postings to confirm or deny it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse