The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday January 14, 2024 at 09:07
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 13, 2024 at 15:50, Brentm said...
Wow! Bobs answers is concise, and accurate.

10 Meters is currently the longest consistent working distance for ARC/eARC (the issue is the copper wires in the AOC), HDBaseT extenders (some models) do rectify this by using active EQ, and ARC/eARC Only extenders are available (becoming more popular).

My only caveat with Bob's answer is that we (Ethereal Tech team) are worried about non powered cables causing equipment damage, it is important to remember that current (amperage) is drawn not pushed and if the cable draws more than the display can provide there is a (small) possibility of damage, we cannot say that it will, but by the same token we cannot say that it won't.

So, take no chances..

If 10m is the longest consistent working distance, why the hell are longer cables even available? I don't do this crap just to go back when something stops working and people don't like paying for service calls when manufactured goods fail.

The comment about your tech team being worried about equipment damage is EXACTLY the reason I think I'm going to refuse to install this cable. The husband bought the TV for his office and decided that it should go in the family room.

I'm going to copy/past your comments and show him this is a real concern, not me being stubborn.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse