Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday January 11, 2024 at 15:02
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
Hi everyone,
This is Barry Gordon from a long time ago (i'm 84 now). The really bad thing about advanced age and being a coder is memory, mine not the computers, It takes me a lot longer to remember how to do things.

After a recent Win 10 update (damm microsoft, if anyone really knows how to completely stop all updates please let me know) Pronto Pro 2 will not download the saved configuration to either of my 9800 panels, but will download the exact same configuration to a 9600. The configuration has no errors and works properly on the 9600

I am running Pep2 2.4.23. After windows decided to do an update, everything was normal until PEP tried to download the configuration to the panel. The error C5 HID message appeared. I have not been able to resolve this and I believe it is the logitech wireless mouse and keyboard that is causing the trouble. I have a wired keyboard/touchpad arriving later today.

Here is the strange thing, I have 2 9800's, and one 9600. If I remove either 9800, as neither one will allow a download, and place the 9600 in the dock it will accept a download with no issue. I do this while PEP is running. I can set the option to 9600 or 9800 and the only warning message is if the option is set to 9800 whien I download the conficuration to the 9600.

This seems to indicate an issue with the 9800's. I have rebooted each of them several times, to no avail. A reboot of the 9800 cleared it in the past circa 2018.

Any thoughts on resolving this issue would be appreciated. I read the older posts/threads relating to this problem and I am pretty sure it is the logitech wireless keyboard/mouse that is the issue, But it is hard to test the download from Pep 2 with no mouse or keyboard.I will try a wired keyboard/touchpad when it arrives later tody.

Barry Gordon

Hosting Services by ipHouse