The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday December 20, 2023 at 11:49
hdtvluvr
Long Time Member
September 2002
On December 20, 2023 at 10:36, tomciara said...
First of all I would consider it a miracle if a Samsung sound bar had discretes.

For a client I’d never put a toggle power in a macro.  What I’d do, and what I’ve done with many client owned Bose sound bars is to add a power button on the cableTV page, the Roku page, etc labeled SOUND for when the sound bar needs to be woke up.

It's not a matter of being woke up, I think it is a timing issue. eARC (CEC) did turn on the bar consistently. The issue was the TV and soundbar didn't always communicate in such a way for Q-Symphony to work. I assumed that it was due to a timing issue between on and the TV seeing it causing the TV + Soundbar option to not automatically connect. Sometimes even with the bar on, I'd get TV speakers or just the soundbar but not both. So far, turning the soundbar on at the beginning of the macro seems to work. I get both within a minute of turning everything on. Now I've probably jinxed it.

Regarding the discretes, I posted in the discrete section here and at JP1 remotes. No responses yet and all of my googling hasn't been positive either. Still hoping.

Hosting Services by ipHouse