The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 17, 2023 at 14:50
hdtvluvr
Long Time Member
September 2002
I have Q-Symphony on and the soundbar is plugged into the eARC HDMI port. When I turn on the TV, the soundbar is supposed to automatically turn on and then the speakers in the TV and soundbar are supposed to work in harmony. Lately, they both do turn on but the sound is set to the soundbar only. Beginning to happen more and more. I then have to go into the sound menu and make the change. When I do that sometimes TV + Soundbar with eARC isn't listed as an option. This was working for over a year 99% of the time. Now it is about 50%.

I've checked for the latest FW for both. TV is at 1602.3 and soundbar is 1010.0. It should be noted that the FW version on the TV does not list the .X so I downloaded the FW from Samsung and tried to install using USB. It also said the FW was up to date.

I'm using a MX-850 to control both but that shouldn't matter. The programming for "ON" is as follows:
1. Power On - DTV
2. Delay
3. Power On - TV
4. GoTo DTV - P1

Is it an issue with eARC? Should I turn that off in the TV settings and put a power On for the soundbar in the "ON" macro?

Any suggestions?

Hosting Services by ipHouse