Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday December 12, 2023 at 10:31
Audiophiliac
August 2006
Amazing teamwork and communication! Something we need more of in this industry.

Not to be a negative nancy, however, but it also points out something that has been an ongoing habit of manufacturers and software engineers, especially in the consumer electronics industry, not throroughly and rigorously alpha and beta testing stuff before sending it out into the wild with the dealers and our clients. You cannot tell me that a few weeks or months of lab bench testing would not have found this particular bug before any units were shipped/sold to customers. But it is the norm now, so I do not get surprised by it anymore.

Still, I appreciate the forwardness of the communication here and putting yourselves in the line of fire admitting that your product (even if it was just a simple few lines of coding that got fubared) had a problem that required a fix. A lot of manufacturers will not readily admit that. They will quietly fix it and slide the problems under the rug hopefully before it gets too widespread and everyone hears about it. Their reputation is more important than their dealers' sanity and success.

Good job Brent, Adam, and the unseen heroes at Ethereal! Have a pizza party! :)
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse