Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday July 22, 2023 at 13:37
icarusd
Long Time Member
September 2006
Hello All,

I'm redoing my Home Theater/Sports Bar TV's, and all the new TV's (4 of them) have rs 232c inputs. My current setup also used rs 232, but the TV's have the old 9 pin connectors. I've been looking at some threads here, but I'm not quite clear on what I can do here. Any help is always appreciated.

I use CCP, and will be using MRX-2's to run the system. Since I have 5 devices to run, if I can avoid having 3 MRX-2's (daisy chained) I'd love to simplify. I've read a couple of threads here where IR units like a MRF-350 have been successful using mono to stereo mini plug adapters connected to the rs-232c input.

Here are my questions:

Can I connect the mrx-2 to a rs-232c input from the IR output on my mrx-2?

Is the mono to stereo adapter the best way to go? One of the threads suggested only putting the plug half way in on the sending unit, but that seems super janky to me.

Am I using the IR database in the software to program, or am I using the serial codes?

I can always use the serial outputs, but it would be great to only have one mrx-2 instead of the three I would need to accomplish that.

3 of the Tv's will probably be Samsung Frames (32"), the other TV is still in flux but more than likely it will be a 75" Sony Mini LED.

Thanks in advance for any help, and if I left out any information, please let me know. This is an amazing community and as someone who really likes to build stuff, I don't know where I'd be without these message boards.

-Derek
Icarus D

Hosting Services by ipHouse