Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday June 15, 2023 at 16:36
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On June 15, 2023 at 10:59, Darnitol said...
Like you, I don't make it back to RC here that often since we no longer really have a consumer line, but I like to drop in because the place is still kinda "home" to me.

You do realize that a large % of the posters here are installer/dealers right? Maybe as much as 1/2.
And considering how dead URC's own dealer forums are (literally only about 12 posts a month there - on a good month), I would think URC would have someone here more active officially. Since it sees more traffic about URC than their own forum.

Burning questions like = What is the official stance on CCP software for DIY consumers? If they have a URC remote and submit the serial number, can they have a consumer account? Have seen this be a hit or miss with people's reply on the forums over this last year.
Things like the above really sour people's opinion on a brand. Just look around anywhere on the internet at the tons of negative ratings for URC products everywhere. "It makes it that much harder to sell URC to my customers", when I'm having to spend an hour explaining things to them as to why it's actually a good product.
And Lee can tell me how URC is doing better than they ever have, sales are thru the roof (conversation I had at the end of 2021 I believe), I don't believe him! I think he's lying based on all the evidence I see in the field and on the forums.
Consumers (average consumer) would rather chop their hands off than pay for a universal remote these days. This is in no small part due to the horrible experience some have had with installers selling a remote to them, 1/2 arse programming it, and leaving with the check. Again, it takes hours to explain & demonstrate how the hardware is good, it was bad programming/installation.
This is URC (and other control companies if we are being honest) own fault for pushing boxes in volume, rather than focusing on quality of the customer's experience.

Sorry for the long reply. I know none of this is in your wheel house anyway. Just frustrating to see over the years. I was selling URC back in 1995/96 with the Starlight remotes (SL7000). My how URC has changed, especially in the last 10 years.

Hosting Services by ipHouse