The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday June 7, 2023 at 11:49
randman
Long Time Member
June 2003
On June 6, 2023 at 21:49, Lyndel McGee said...
Sending serial commands in a page script might be causing your command failed. If you see extender busy in the diagnostics log. Backlight +menu+firm2 is the sequence to view, you might consider dedicating an extender to IR and one for 232. However you may still have issues as you are using blocking 232 commands. To truly check if this is your issue, turn off the repeats in your page scripts. If you can convert 232 to asynch and maybe use scheduleAfter things may improve. However having a timed operation can always interfere with execution of actions.

Thanks. The page scripts that I was testing IR commands from didn't do RS-232 calls. Only getHTTPXML() (which is called every 20 seconds). And when I did get "Command Failed", they were almost always "0450 Extender didn't reply". "Extender ... is busy" was rarer. Anyway, after I changed the RFX9600's Cisco switch port to autonegotiate, and I put the RFX9600's IP address in the Pronto configuration, performance is much better. I get from 0% to 2% failure rate for IR commands, more so with Shield IR commands than Apple TV IR compares (before those 2 changes, I was getting up to 20% failure rate earlier).

Now, I do have a couple of other pages that do RS-232 calls from a page script, so for those it may be worth using an RFX9400 for IR commands and the RFX9600 for RS-232 commands. I do have an RFX9400 (and 2 RFX9600) not being used currently (I reduced # of rooms I was using Pronto, and it's nice to have spares these days).

Hosting Services by ipHouse