The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Monday April 17, 2023 at 09:59
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
Over the years our customers have made it clear that having more than one "main" button confused them more than it helped. You and I tend to categorize things in our thoughts, but it turns out that most people don't, so for the average homeowner, one Main button is the way to go. (And to be honest, I've even done quite a bit of research on whether or not even having even *one* Main button confuses people. Spoiler alert: It confuses a lot of people.) As for the numeric keypad; when we released the MX-5000, we probably jumped the gun on removing the hard numeric keypad in favor of the onscreen one. But the writing was on the wall, and these days there are far more devices that have no use for a numeric keypad at all than ones that warrant hard keys for one. I certainly wouldn't rule out there being a future wand-style remote with a hard keypad, but the entire industry trend is most definitely moving the other way.
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse