Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday March 6, 2023 at 13:49
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
On March 6, 2023 at 06:01, buzz said...
If the L/R speakers are close to the TV and image well, center channel is more or less redundant.

I’d wire for both close L/R and more optimal L/R speakers — just in case you change your mind in the future. SONOS AMP will support 4.1 or 4.2. Maybe they’ll come to their senses in the future and support more advanced setups.

Daniel seemed to indicate this is a secondary room, so I would echo this statement. With left and right speakers in-wall adjacent to the television, the center channel is hardly needed.

I did have a brick and mortar stereo sales and repair shop for 30 years, and I can say conclusively that different people hear things differently. I regularly listened to and absorbed customers' words like warm, tasty, and the like.

That being said, while some audio nuts would prefer to listen to certain 60's albums in mono because they were originally made that way, stereo and stereo separation are something that I personally like, and mono sounds very stuffy and dull.

So I have a generally low opinion of sound bars because they are very close to a single point source. Now if you have reasonably close adjacent side walls that will bounce the sounds from the side speakers of a decent sound bar, then you can get some nice pseudo-room filling sound. but otherwise I would prefer a left and a right in-wall of decent quality, and for convenience, a Sonos amp due to its ARC capability. Add in-ceiling or in-wall surrounds.  Use an audiophile amp if you prefer and add a control system.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse