The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Monday March 6, 2023 at 09:58
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 5, 2023 at 12:43, Daniel Tonks said...
Trying to figure out a sound solution for a 6-foot wide stone fireplace with a TV mounted on it (something I hate, but…). There will be base cabinets and shelves on either side. Since there is zero chance I want to live with the built-in speakers, seems my choice is to either mount a soundbar below the TV, live with just left/right in-wall speakers on either side (WAF will not allow a center channel in the stone) and maybe some in-ceiling rears, or go entirely in-ceiling - although it is a vaulted ceiling.

Any thoughts on the compromises between a soundbar, a phantom center channel, and in-ceiling mains? This will NOT be a primary movie viewing location, but will be used for music as well.

You can't carve out a spot for some small, but potent, bookshelf speakers? I would rather do that and not use a center than use a soundbar- my room doesn't lend itself to a surround system, so it's stereo and I have absolutely no problem hearing audio from dead center, which would have come from a center channel speaker. With a center channel that's not as good as what my speakers can produce, it would just annoy the crap out of me and I wouldn't want to use the system, or I would be constantly messing with it in order to improve the sound, which I NEVER do- when I hear voices (from the system!), they're extremely natural-sounding & accurate.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse