The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday March 5, 2023 at 22:33
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
I think the main issue I’m having is I’ve literally dumped myself into a new house that I didn’t design or start building, is already framed with a roof but still no interior or exterior, and I’m trying to think of everything I want to change or get done before the drywall goes up that makes sense for the builder to do (as this isn’t my build I haven’t taken possession yet, so I can’t really do anything myself on-site)… while also handling all the choices needed to take possession in a couple months. I’m a researcher and a planner who likes to take his time and go room by room, and with this schedule I’m probably starting to lose it, LOL!

I owned a higher-end Samsung soundbar for about three days a couple years ago, before I said no way and went to a Marantz amp and discrete speakers. I know there’s going to be compromises, so I might just go the soundbar route for now and - if it sucks - look at adding proper speakers. I think I’m growing resigned to the fact that a lot is going to have to be retrofitted later. Which is fine, other than my annoying desire to get every wire I’ll need in before the drywall goes up!

I hadn’t contemplated a passive soundbar. Will take a look at options.

Hosting Services by ipHouse