The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday March 5, 2023 at 21:20
BobL
Founding Member
March 2002
There are definitely better sound bars and I agree a nice passive speaker bar with receiver will definitely be better sounding but does add complication. And you are correct Daniel is no idiot to this stuff. Does he want to do more for this room would be a better question?

I've definitely used most streamers Sonos, HEOS, MusicCast, Bluesound and I find Sonos the easiest to use as it integrates its services well. Do I think it is the best sounding, No! But convenience often trumps quality or we would all be using 4K Blu-rays instead of streaming.

The reason for the Beam is the ARC sounds like crap if you mount it flush to the bottom of the TV which I find so many people want. I mean obviously bad not just regular sound bar bad. If one can mount it 6 inches below the TV the ARC is a better choice in the Sonos lineup.

If you are only doing this one room and don't care about any house music system, then you can definitely go with a better sound bar or a speaker bar with receiver like Brad recommended. All of them I would recommend a subwoofer. This is one area physics matter and bigger is better. Whether a powered sound bar or speaker bar the ones with larger woofers 4" or larger typically sound considerably better. There is only so much that can be done with 2-3" woofers most of the big names have in them like Sonos, Samsung, LG, Sony, Yamaha, etc.

4" is the size most wooders can natively go down to about 100hz without EQ, this allows good integration crossing over to a subwoofer. So, if this is just better sound than the TV a simple sound bar will be fine. If you want better sound than a larger sound bar is typically much better. If integrating with other items in your home for music then I lean towards Sonos for most.

Hosting Services by ipHouse