Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday March 5, 2023 at 17:40
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On March 5, 2023 at 15:10, mrtristan said...
Sonos is my go to even in luxury homes. Once you go Sonos it's hard to go back..but, if you're an audiophile, you have to do some other speaker/surround amp combo for potentially better sound.

You can mock about "audiophiles" all you want. All that is telling me is your standards for quality come from a very low place. And whether the product is going in a "luxury home" or a single-wide trailer, has NOTHING to do with the quality the customer may want.

It could be that a $49 iLive soundbar will make a customer happy. I don't know how since I've heard one and literally.... I've heard TV speakers sound better. But I ran into a customer that thought it was great [I was there fixing a wifi problem - not my circus, not my monkeys].

Or it could be that a customer isn't going to be happy with anything less than a top notch system. I recently had a customer buy a SONOS ARC with Sub, it was for his workshop TV (big workshop). He was NOT happy with the sound quality or the volume. He returned it and bought an ELAC Muro 60" soundbar with sub and Yammy V6A from me. He was happy with it and a noticeable improvement over the SONOS setup.
[edit]: To be clear, I'm not saying the ELAC is a top notch soundbar, it was just a step up from the SONOS system he tried and wanted something better. There are even better soundbars and way better audio systems if you step away from soundbars all together.

Oh and Bob, I'm surprised you recommended the SONOS; especially the Beam (considering the high quality of projection systems you do and are known for). The Beam sounds like crap for the $499 that it sells for. There are literally a dozen other brands that would kill the Beam at that price.

And it isn't like Daniel is a novice DIY. I'm sure he can handle pulling a few wires thru the wall. The question becomes if it's easy pulls or something more a professional would have to do - fireblocks, insulation, clearances, etc.

Last edited by Brad Humphrey on March 5, 2023 18:09.

Hosting Services by ipHouse