The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Wednesday March 1, 2023 at 19:09
BobL
Founding Member
March 2002
Always a lot to consider especially when you have so much else going on. Whoever makes your 4 bi-poles do they also make in wall or angled in ceiling speakers? Make use of them if you can.

A note if doing in wall speakers and going by guidelines. Most guidelines will tell you to place the left and right speakers at ~30 degrees off center. Generally, this is good advice but with inwall speakers you probably want to be closer to 20 degrees and not have as much separation. You want to make sure you have good coverage for all the listeners. With free standing speakers you can "toe in" or angle the left and right speakers towards the listeners. That is not possible with in walls unless you angle the wall, which is what they do in pro applications like recording studios as well as dedicated home theaters.

Here is an article by the home acoustic alliance that shows it better than i can explain.

[Link: homeacoustics.org]

BTW, I know you probably know a lot of what i covered but I try to explain things for other people that might be following that don't have much experience.

Hosting Services by ipHouse