The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday November 28, 2022 at 09:30
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 27, 2022 at 18:09, Ernie Gilman said...
Edit: added first paragraph.

There's a large group of companies (shall we say) that are motivated to broadcast content, and the fact that such content would go on the internet and therefore be receivable anywhere in the world (shall we say) should mean that there is employment for many of us if we can just figure out how to tap into the process and be helpful. And this is it:

Are any of you involved in providing equipment, wiring, and programming for church streaming systems? I mean sending out live or recorded services available via Youtube and Facebook, Zoom webinars, and Free Conference Call for those only interested in listening. Plus many other means of getting the signal on the internet.

I am right now listening to a Zoom meeting where a group of churches are meeting to share information with one another. A fact that just went by is that this one church went live on Facebook in 2015. Another fact: at this point they figure their budget for upgrading equipment will be around $100,000. That's not for establishing new services -- it's for keeping up with technology as things change.

Somewhere out there the local Xfinity channels include the local church's programming. Youtube is a cable channel of church functions for those customers.

What's up out there that you're aware of?

As an FYI, I don't know if you have seen or considered it, but there's a whole (large) segment of the AV industry called House Of Worship- here's a link to one of the magazines-

[Link: avinteractive.com]

Some denominations have been doing this kind of thing for a long time, although is didn't necessarily involve streaming to people at home, although it was a natural progression. LDS facilities have used satellite to send programming from Salt Lake City since before the late-'90s and they had AV systems that were able to send the signal to various parts of the facilities, but only using approved vendors for the equipment so if you do any work for LDS, you won't be able to use whatever YOU want an they had a requirement that called for at least one member to be involved in the contractor companies.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse