The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday September 25, 2022 at 07:39
Mallers
September 2022
Hello,
I have a series of problems which I hope can be fixed by changing my Harmony settings, rather than being an issue with the component parts!
I have an LG C1, Marantz SR7015, and a Humax BTTV DTR T4000, source connects to amp only, with Amp connected to tv by Earc.
Problem 1:
I want to have an activity called Stream, which turns on the amp and the tv, and takes the tv to the home page, where I can flick around the apps to select say Netflix, with Amp set to take sound from EArc
My activity setting is this:
1 Amp powers on
2 5 second delay
3 Amp input TVAudio (ie this is the amp input taking sound from the tv)
4 5 second delay
5 TV Power on
6 TV Input Smart tv

Point 6 takes TV effectively to home page, and I added the delays because I wanted to ensure turning one thing on or off didn’t affect anything else.

What's going wrong? A) Tv sometimes but not always sets to ARC out. I know I haven’t told it to, I don’t know how to do it on the Harmony software, and don’t know why it works sometimes on its own but not other times. B) The above setup seems to lock out the tv accepting commands. I had tried having the TV commands first then Amp commands, and it didn’t help. Once I’ve done the above, to be able to use the harmony remote on the LG, I have to select devices, then the TV,, then I can use it. C) This is a problem on other bits as well, but despite the above activity, the Amp doesn’t always set to TVAudio, even though I told it to. Its part of the reason I put delays in, to try and ensure its getting the message

Problem 2:
My setup has my aerial going into the Humax box only, so I only watch terrestrial tv via the Humax. I can turn on the box, amp and tv ok (proviso is that I get sometimes problem C above, sometimes it sets to the wrong amp input). Main problem however is that on the harmony handset, the “everything off” button on top left crashes the Humax box. It turns off the tv and amp ok and crashes the box. Workaround at moment is to power off the Humax using the original Humax remote, using the power everything off hard button on harmony, which I guess is a toggle as it turns ON the Humax, then I turn Humax off again using the original Humax remote.

Problem 3: alluded to above, but the amp doesn’t always react to me telling what inputs to use, its like either it remembers what it was on last time it was off or randomly selects an input. Without touching any remotes at all I’ve had it flick to HEOS in the middle of watching a film (I don’t use HEOS at all so it shouldn’t “remember” using it before), and first thing I’ve checked is that I haven’t sat on a remote and butt pressed something!

Apologies if there’s any bit unclear, but any help would be gratefully accepted!

Hosting Services by ipHouse