Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday August 15, 2022 at 11:57
gwstudios
June 2004
Thanks, I looked at all the other options. The PC program is OK, but it still requires a PC and setup. That program is also no longer supported and hasn't been updated since 2016 or so. Other options rely on Raspberry Pi, but also need constant internet for streaming posters from various sources.

The issue with that is the posters are all different sizes and resolutions. Sometimes they fit OK, other times they are stretched and get pixelated from the resize. I took it upon myself to collect all the poster images, properly size & crop them, then add the top / bottom footers and rotate all of them.

All you do is select the photos button from the IR remote, select a folder and hit play. If you want music, you bring up the menu, select background music / on, and close the menu. Literally less than a minute. There is a digital only option where you download a smaller collection of poster (no music), and you can use a USB stick or your own media player. USB has the drawback of having to cue it up every time you turn your poster on / off as the power shuts off the port on all TVs on power down.

Pulling posters requires bandwidth from sites like IMDb, and like the Weather Channel, finally banned accessing JPEG weather maps from outside sources, such as home automation touch panels. All those current weather maps on all platforms went down a while back.

If IMDb does the same, anyone using the PC program or Pi that is streaming random posters will have no images to display. I also didn't want just random movies showing up, so by curating the collection myself, I can weed out any adult / offensive content.

Hosting Services by ipHouse