The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday July 17, 2022 at 07:30
randman
Long Time Member
June 2003
I tried with and without raw learn and neither worked for me. The Pronto PEP would say it learned the code successfully, but the code was very long, its font was colored blue (instead of black), and when I click on "Test", I get the message saying "The IR Code is not recognized by the connected Pronto. Please check the IR Code and retry. (Error: C31, Invalid IR)".

I was holding the Pronto about 4" to 6" from the Envy remote when I was trying to teach it the codes. When I decreased the distance to less than 1", the Pronto was able to learn all the codes correctly. Then, I replaced the batteries that came with my Envy with brand new alkaline batteries, and teaching the Pronto worked with the Pronto held a little further away (about 4") away from the Envy remote.
I should have remembered from years ago that using new batteries in place of batteries that come with a new device is always good practice.

I had posted this problem at the madVR Envy Owner's Thread, and they generated codes using the Yamaha IR Hex Converter, whose codes worked, but somehow, the long press functionality doesn't work (the Envy remote has different behavior whether you short press (tap) or long press a button). But anyway, I was able to teach my Pronto the codes and the short press and long press functionality works properly.

So, for anyone who may be interested in the madVR Envy's IR codes in the future, see post #1,511 in the AVSForum thread titled "Official madVR Envy Video Processor Owners Thread". I tried linking to this thread but somehow the URL gets mangled when I tried to post it here.

Next, I plan on writing a library to take advantage of the madVR Envy's TCP interface ([Link: madvrenvy.com]). I used the Pronto's TCPSocket class when I wrote a library for controlling my TiVo with TCP. I think/hope that the TCPSocket class would be the way to go for controlling the madVR Envy as well.

Last edited by randman on July 17, 2022 07:38.

Hosting Services by ipHouse