The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday June 12, 2022 at 16:52
randman
Long Time Member
June 2003
Lyndel & Buzz - again thanks for your input! Lyndel, many thanks for your offer to discuss this further offline. Unfortunately, I won't have much time to work on this in the near term.

You're suggestions for a task queue looks good, but probably more than I have time to tackle with at the moment.

Buzz - funny that you mentioned the scenario of the receiver starting up too loudly while a PW is blocking... It actually happened to me (and other folks), so I eventually changed my processor to use the same pre-defined volume level whenever it turns on :-).

Once I get more free time, I'll revisit having to use PW and task queues. I normally don't use PW except for the scenario of the projector taking long to start.

Anyway, for now, I have an alternate method of doing the light show. I just connected one of my processor's 12 volt triggers to my Panamax surge protector, whose switched outlets turn on and off based on the 12-volt trigger. I have a relay connected to one of the Panamax' switched outlets, so it detects when it has power or not. I hard-wired a Z-Wave door/window sensor to the relay. The Z-Wave sensor sends notification to HomeSeer whenever the processor is turned on or off, so I can kick off HomeSeer events in response. For example, when the processor is turned on, HomeSeer turns on the closet exhaust fan to keep the closet cool. I wrote a HomeSeer event ("Pronto - Lights - HT Startup") to do the light show, and can be called by HomeSeer when the processor is turned on. Doing the light show in HomeSeer frees up (and simplifies) the Pronto code, and I can easily change the light show without having to re-download the Pronto configuration to my Pronto.

Hosting Services by ipHouse