The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday June 9, 2022 at 23:02
randman
Long Time Member
June 2003
In my Pronto TSU9400, I have a button whose action calls a function in a Javascript library. Let's call this function A. Function A calls another function in another Javascript library. Let's call this function B.

Function A starts up my Home Theater equipment (processor, projector, etc.). Function A has logic to wait for the projector to start up, which takes about a minute. During this minute, function A also displays a "Please Wait" dialog box using GUI.addPanel(). Function B is used to turn on and off lights in the room. The lights are turned on and off using com.philips.HttpLibrary.getHTTP(), which is used to send commands to a server that is responsible for turning on and off lights.

Function A takes a minute to run, and it calls Function B about 6 times during this minute. For example, Function A does:

- Call Function B to turn off the task lights
- Wait 10 seconds or so
- Call Function B to turn on the Ambience lights
- Wait 20 seconds or so
- Call Function B to turn off all lights
- Wait 20 seconds or so
- Turn on step lights
... etc....

What I am puzzled about is that Function B doesn't seem to actually run at the times Function A calls it. The behavior that I am getting is that all the calls to Function B seem to be running after Function A has completed. All the calls to Function B are run one right after the other, instead of being spaced apart like in my list above.

Is there something in the way the Pronto works, such that getHTTP() calls (called by Function B) are queued up and don't run until after the calling function (function A) completes?

Hosting Services by ipHouse