The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Tuesday March 8, 2022 at 17:58
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
On March 6, 2022 at 16:36, ask4mikie said...
Hey Lyndel,

I was adding your macro commands (Command Center, Browse Apps, and Kill App), and I couldn’t get them to work. Then I compared your Home command data to mine, and they were similar, but not identical. I think I may have learned the codes from my Siri remote. I speculate that the learned codes were not perfect copies of the original codes, with slight timing differences.

Anyway, I replaced my codes with yours, and the macros now work perfectly. The discrete power on and power off are also a welcome addition to my remote.

Thanks for sharing your hard work!

The siri remote, I thought, was Bluetooth only so curious as to how you were able to learn the Home command. Either way, these are very clean codes and should do pretty much anything you want.

Update: I just tried learning IR from the Silver Siri Remote (2021) and as I expected, it does not transmit any IR except when enabled to control external volume. So, not sure where you got your codes but I'm doubtful they were learned from a silver remote. I did not try with the Gen1 Siri Remote - Black with glasstop) but I doubt that would have worked either.

Last edited by Lyndel McGee on March 8, 2022 20:35.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse