Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday January 23, 2022 at 11:15
drobins9
January 2022
Hello- I purchased a home a few years ago with the URC Total Control system. I have the rack in the basement with the controls and can use the remotes, mobile app, etc. As is the obvious complaint, I do not want to pay every time I make changes to my setup. I've made a few changes (dropping cable, relying on Sling through Roku, etc.) that I have relied on by reconnecting things in the basement and just "repurposing" some of the existing remote control scenes or whatever they are called.

I have done a lot of research, and if I understand correctly, it was possible for URC dealers to provide the software that would let me adjust my Total Control system at their discretion. The dealer for the people from whom I purchased my home was the prior owners' son, and he was unwilling to provide it.

I understand that for those who have had the software, upgrading it has stopped it from working. So, what I am trying to figure out is this:

Is it conceiveable that I could find a dealer who would be willing to sell me a component and provide an older version of the software (before it started locking people out) that would let me adjust my system?

I think the system is 7-8 years old. I know when I purchased the home about 3 years ago, he said it was not the most current system then. My remotes are MX-890s, and I use the Android app.

I am very technical, and have no concerns about working my way through it.

Alternatively, is there another, newer "professional" remote system that would make use of the existing wiring to the switches, TVs/IR blasters, etc., for which I could purchase the equipment and set up myself?

In prior homes, I have used the Logitech equipment, which was "ok," but that probably isn't realistic with the way this current home is wired.

Thank you for your advice!

Hosting Services by ipHouse