Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Friday January 7, 2022 at 14:42
Leej
January 2020
I may be the last person struggling with old MX-810 remotes, but in case anyone else finds this, below is an update.

I loaded a windows XP virtual machine on my Win 10 laptop, and then loaded the URC Pro Wizard software on the XP virtual machine, and updated to the correct XP driver. The software wanted to do some updates, which seemed odd, but I clicked ok and the updates installed worked fine. Now I can load software to the remote and everything is working fine.

With Win 10 no longer supporting Flash, I think running on a XP virtual machine is the best option to continue running the software.

Additionally, I loaded the remote codes from the Pro Wizard software for the Denon avr-x7200w, and this seemed to give me all the buttons I needed.

All is good again... Hopefully new code files will continue to be available. I wish the MX-810 had a "learn" function (for new devices that may not be in the device list).

However, I still am puzzled why there isn't a modern consumer programmable (with devices and activities, not just macros) affordable remote on the market, that feels good in the hand, has good tactile button layout, ability to "learn" remote codes/signals, etc. I thought I would eventually switch over to Logitech Harmony, but I saw online where they are stopping support soon.

I know all the reasons that everyone hates the MX-810, but my family loves them and we have been using them for years (at least 10+ years).

Leej

Hosting Services by ipHouse