Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday August 25, 2021 at 19:15
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Re Yamaha Electronics Support Case #02580186

EDIT: Go to my dropbox at [Link: dropbox.com]
and copy the two files. I recommend that everybody copy these.

I'll have this link up for at least one week.

If anybody happens to have the software needed to convert these files from sets of boxes into Pronto Hex, please do that and share with everybody!

I got them from Yamaha at 888-926-2428. "Tim" was able to locate two files that theoretically have the info you need. He also told me about a website, https://ci.yamahaconnect.com/, where I could get more information, presumably other codesets.

The Yamaha site is difficult to work with: Tim told me I need to get a code from my distributor to get into the site. My distributor has zero idea what that's about. I went to the site anyway and it looked like I could just register... but no.

If you have a need for more of this kind of info, please call Yamaha at 888-926-2428 and ask until they come up with info. It's pitiful that there's not an easy to use site that lets all of Yamaha's PARTNERS obtain the info we need! I mean, they make money when we use their IR codes to control their equipment; how dumb to make it difficult to work with!

(The EDIT was a correction in the dropbox link.)

Last edited by Ernie Gilman on August 26, 2021 03:28.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse