The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 97 made on Friday July 23, 2021 at 18:55
Johnny Canuck
Long Time Member
January 2003
On July 22, 2021 at 18:58, Ernie said...
I WAS ABLE TO GET PAST THE LOGIN SCREEN!!

I had the chance to do some more experimenting with a Virtual Machine I use for my MSC-400s since it has to be 32 bit.

Its a total hack/workaround but it does work.  And once URC figures out the loop hole they will close it - its just a matter of time.  But we can at least use the latest until then.

Assuming you have the "bricked" version of the latest CCP:

1. Create a registry file like "URC-recent-remove.reg" (call it whatever you want really) and put this in it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Universal Remote Control, Inc\Complete Control Program\Recent File List]

2. Double click the reg file and click "Yes", this is remove all of the most recently used files by the CCP.
  3. Run the new version of CCP.
  4. It should prompt you to create a NEW file by default; hit OK to this.
  5. Allow the login window to show and then click the X to close it.
  6. HERE IS THE TRICK:  The application will try to close BUT since you have not saved the newly created file, it will ask you what you want to do:  Yes (to save), No (to not), or CANCEL (to abort closing)
  7. Hit CANCEL - BOOM, you are in!  Just open whatever file you want.
You will have to run the registry file every time (or move/rename the last open file) but at least you can use it.  I strongly suggest you block all future updates as mentioned above so they cant sneak in an update the prevents this from working.  Screw you URC!

If you add "/f" to the registry command it should delete the key without having to do a confirmation. Using that logic, if you create a windows batch file with the following commands, you should be able to automate the process to the point of the login dialog box popping up:

reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Universal Remote Control, Inc\Complete Control Program\Recent File List /f

C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Remote Control, Inc\Complete Control Program\ccp.exe

You may need to edit your run command if CCP is in a different location.

Last edited by Johnny Canuck on July 23, 2021 20:25.

Hosting Services by ipHouse