The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday August 24, 2020 at 11:24
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On August 22, 2020 at 12:32, CZ Eddie said...
My MiniDSP 2x4 HD exibits massive RF interference when connected to my Denon AVR X-4300H's subwoofer outputs (x2) via RCA cable.

MiniDSP is an active crossover/EQ device:
[Link: minidsp.com]

If I disconnect the RCA, then the RF interference goes away.
I've tried two different types of RCA cables and both had the issue.
I tried both RCA outputs on the AVR (sub1 and sub2).
I don't have this issue if I bypass the MiniDSP and plug the RCA from my AVR directly into my amps.
I tried a different PSU for the MiniDSP and still had the issue.

It's caused me to go down to a single RCA instead of two.
That helped a little.
I then ensured the RCA isn't running lengthwise with power cables, which probably helped.
In the end, I had to put the MiniDSP in a really weird position to get the RF interference to be low enough not to interfere with my URC remote's RF.

Do you folks know of any tricks I can use to further minimize the RF interference?
I've already posted on the MiniDSP forum and a 3rd party MiniDSP forum thread but not gotten any help.

RCA cables running parallel to power cords isn't usually a source of this kind of interference but you need to verify the frequency range of the interference. 60Hz isn't RF.

Assuming you have a cable toner, use the inductive pickup to find the source of the noise- if it's the wire, find a way to shield it and if it's the wall wart, move it away from the MRF or find a way to shield that. Wall warts are a common source of interference.

Is the USB cable always connected to the computer? If it is, it could be the source. Disconnect it or try another one.

Have you tried setting the base station to a different channel?

Just for grins, try connecting the MiniDSP to the Front pre-out and see if it still does this. You're stacking crossovers and that must have (it would be unavoidable) some effect on the sound.

Last edited by highfigh on August 24, 2020 11:31.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse