The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday January 30, 2020 at 13:15
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On January 30, 2020 at 12:13, Old Man River said...
I know y'all love your full size vans, but you couldn't make me give up my 2018 transit connect if you forced me at gun point. Anything that's too big for the connect gets transported to the job site in my Tundra. 26.5 mpg pretty regularly, reliable, comfortable, and it's even sort of peppy compared to the awful first gen transit connect.

Completely opposite of you. The Transit Connect is a POS. Once you add shelving in it there is barely any room to fit prewire materials and tools. We just have the regular wheel base and with the divider cannot fit a 6' ladder in it. Fish sticks and anything long either has to go kitty corner on top of the shelves or up in a 10' long box we had made for the roof rack.

If you aren't needing to take a lot of material to site than maybe not a huge problem, but the way I use the truck it is not an efficient vehicle to work out of. We just purchased a mid roof extended wheelbase Transit and I can't wait to get it back from shelving and lettering to move into it.

We will still keep the Connect for a service vehicle and for JR techs to drive around in but the Transit will be the main vehicle.

We also have a Ford E-250 that is on the road everyday that we have had for about 7 years and haven't had to do any major work to it other than regular maintenance and a new battery.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse