The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday December 3, 2018 at 18:27
elannut
Long Time Member
February 2010
On December 3, 2018 at 17:18, Ernie Gilman said...
You write "the" latching switch as though we have discussed it here. I missed it. What are you referring to?

Something Fred Harding brought up about 5-6 posts ago! (post 4)
Have you been able to find a document for the processor similar to the doc you found for the projector?

Amazingly, "no"
Does the projector have an IR sensor that turns itself and the processor on? Does the processor have an IR sensor that turns itself and the projector on? Does the HDMI connection provide power ON and OFF to the other unit?

Projector and processor can do this with RS232
The projector I believe is turned on by a Crestron processor mc2e which also, I believe drops the screen.
I do not think that the hdmi is powering anything on or off
Backing up one step (which is to say not attempting to answer your question, but instead looking for a different solution):
I take it you're using Elan products, which I'm not familiar with. Is there a way to get IR to the processor or projector? If there is, then a macro on a control interface would turn on both the Arcam and the Epson.

The Elan system is for a different system.
The Epson projector and processor kit is semi-controlled by crestron which drops screen, turns projector on and off but always leaves the processor on. It also controls the Arcam. I was not looking to mess with the system other than perhaps run a 3.5 mm male jack from Arcam 12v to the Epson processor because I would like the Epson processor to shut down when I remotely shut down the system with an TPMC-8x

I really don't want to mess with Crestron nor would I know how nor would I ask anyone to teach me that as I know its proprietary and at the level of experts
BK

Hosting Services by ipHouse