The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 13, 2018 at 00:09
rlpowell
Lurking Member
November 2018
I have a Samsung QN55Q65FN TV (which is a Costco specific brand I think?, but there's other similar ones we can get info on). It comes with a "One Remote", [Link: samsung.com] . It has a tiny number of buttons, and is useless for anything but the TV itself.

I have an Inteset 4-in-1 ( [Link: smile.amazon.com] ) and a AUDIOVOX RCRN06GR ( [Link: smile.amazon.com] ) and neither can learn from the One Remote, so I guess it's not putting out IR?, but I don't understand remote tech in any detail.

The Inteset comes with a setup for this TV that is OK, so the TV itself clearly *capable* of taking IR codes, but the setup is only "OK", it's not great (in particular, to get to the main menu, I have to push a button twice to get to the main menu).

Any suggestions for what I should do? I don't mind spending real money on a remote if it'll manage everything I have (which, for what it's worth, is this TV, a TiVO, an Onkyo AVR, and a PS3 which I'm controlling with the dongle from a "Nyko Technologies Blue-Wave Remote for PS3").

Given how my household works, though, whatever I buy I will need at least 3 of. Lots of people, and they all lose remotes. *Frequently*.

Last edited by rlpowell on November 13, 2018 01:39.

Hosting Services by ipHouse