The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday July 20, 2016 at 20:58
jbhelicon
Lurking Member
July 2016
I actively advise against anyone buying this system without the most careful consideration; my experience with it, and with its customer service, has been completely unacceptable.
I purchased the remote through an authorized dealer, who also set it up.
From the outset the remote had an intermittent fault in its battery contacts, which causes it to fail; the fix is to extract the battery using the appropriate tool and reseat it; fix and repeat.
I contacted the dealer to get a replacement, who referred me to RTI Customer Support. RTI Customer Support referred me back to the dealer, in what was clearly a form letter response to specific request for support. Endless loop from which there is no escape.
Compound this with the fact that the software programming of the remote was never complete (buttons didn't work because of programming gaps and errors) and the fact that it’s not possible for the user to modify the remote if his/her system changes e.g., a change from an AppleTV 3 to an AppleTV 4.
All in all we have a product with good technical design that is brought down by a poorly thought out and poorly implemented business model – resulting in an expensive, inadequate, unreliable, and obsolescing product
Go to Harmony or URC as a better alternative. That's what I’m going to do.

Hosting Services by ipHouse