The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday July 16, 2016 at 19:27
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
EDIT: This was solved in five minutes with a Pro Control, who even stepped me through replacing the bad zero with a good one (unless, of course, it turns out not to work when I get to the client's house today!).

The "error" was that I chose a random Cisco box model number instead of a different random Cisco box model number. I have zero clue how one would know which model to choose, since none of the model number matched any database choice.

Back to the original posts:

When I set up my first system with Pro Control, I wanted to edit the names of some commands. That was 2013. Now, in the same system, I need to edit an actual command.

Today we changed a system that I installed in 2013 using the Pro24r and the ProLink.r. TV now comes from a Cisco box called using the "ISB Series Code Group 1 IPTV Receivers" in the library. When I discovered the problem I did not have the time to try other code groups.

The ZERO doesn't work! All the other commands of the codeset work. Anybody have any idea how to repair the database or otherwise make this remote not a brick? Thanks!

Last edited by Ernie Gilman on August 12, 2016 11:44.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse