The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Sunday January 10, 2016 at 21:58
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On January 10, 2016 at 21:49, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
Brian, you're full of shit.

I opened my own shop after being the sales manager for another firm, where I was basically running the job for the owner, who might have put in 20 hours a week in a bad week. Eventually, I ran the company in a manner that allowed for me to work a reasonabe amount of hours per week.

I owned my bar in Florida, and worked about 15 hours a week, mostly stopping in to collect the moolah and check on the operations.

Jeff,

If you want to cut it back on a personal level, it most certainly can be done. Your decision is one of whether you want to be hands on or not. Hands on, you cherry pick jobs. Hand off, you become the owner/manager and have staff that tends to the everyday affairs.

Both can be a PIA, but in my opinion, cherry picking jobs is a lot easier. Hiring staff means "growing the business" (a term I despise), and all that comes with having crap employee's you have to put up with.

Those aren't norms, they are exceptions. While with plenty of work, some can get to the point that they can do nothing and hire others to run everything. But, it's not an automatic that can just be done as Mac thinks.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse