Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday December 7, 2015 at 12:07
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
edmund,
Please, what is that extra signal? Let me back up a step and tell about something you told me quite a while ago.

There are two distinctly different ways that DirecTV receivers respond to the DirecTV remotes when you're trying to program the remotes to operate equipment other than the DirecTV receivers. The remotes come out of the bag set for one or the other of these programming methods and you can choose which one you want to use. It's one of these two ways:

963 channel down gives you the setup procedure where all the different possible codes appear on screen for you to try. I find this always works, even if you have to try ten different settings.

963 channel up sets the "what model number do you have" method. I've seen this fail again and again and I never use it.

Now I hear that setting to the 963 channel down method gets rid of an extra signal. What is that signal about/for?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse