Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday February 9, 2015 at 15:49
netarc
May 2004
Can anyone whether these X1 (either Pace or Arris) can be controlled over IP? If memory serves, the box has a network port.

I would typically NEVER advocate network control in this scenario - but we are at the end of our #!@$(Y!^%& rope with a recent project.

The symptom is: when tapping the cursor up/down/left/right (e.g., when in guide mode), the X1 box will often open up the “channel entry guide” and enter a digit (typically, “2” but sometimes 0 or 5).

The control system is an RTI T2x, XP6 and ZM24 antenna (have also tried the RM433 antenna).

We've gone through umpteen programming iterations; have used a variety of IR code sets (most recently, from hex codes given to us by Comcast CXI support), setting min repeat to 0, disabling sustain; replaced the box (twice!), confirmed the RF environment is clean (they're in the suburbs, the 2.4 RF is very clean), moved the emitter around, lowered the emitter power at XP6, to near minimum.

So I'm at the end of my rope, and faced with three options (if there's others, please let me know by all means!)
- try IP control of the blasted Comcast box
- replace RTI system with something else (procontrol, or URC)
- convince customer to replace with TIVO (will be a difficult sell, as he has not only the main hub but also three satellites; and if I can avoid it I'd rather not add cablecard complications to the mix)

Hosting Services by ipHouse