The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 8, 2014 at 22:04
gerard143
Advanced Member
May 2012
I was thinking to myself... man its been a bit since I got my last issue... so I went to check on my subscription and see the whole subscription process is revised and no more print issues? Are ya serious? that's pretty lame.

Sometimes it is really nice having a print issue for numerous reasons....
leave behind for a client

leave an issue behind at something like say a doctors office. You never know who will pick it up and get an interest in the stuff and look into it further which might lead to increased sales.

Sending clients subscriptions which can help lead to upgrade sales.

Sometimes its just nicer seeing the images in print.

sometimes its just nice to get away from a digital device and kick back with a nice magazine.

sometimes people are just a lot more apt to read a print version over digital.

I could go on and on.

Idk maybe I am missing something and print versions are still going to exist???? Having a print magazine can be utilized a lot better I feel as a potential sales tool then a digital version. Sure there is some advantages to digital versions but print versions shouldn't be vanquished for a digital only format.

if its true that it is going to be digital only down the road (so the publisher can save a buck I'm sure) then that really blows. that's basically the only real magazine in the industry suited to potential clients and I feel its a hell of a loss.

I might be jumping the gun....

juliejacobson please tell me this isn't true

Last edited by gerard143 on December 8, 2014 22:19.

Hosting Services by ipHouse