Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday December 4, 2014 at 23:01
Audiophiliac
August 2006
Antennaweb or tvfool will get you the proper antenna for your area. But one thing I have learned is that you never know what will work until you try it. There are too many variables that dictate what signals you will receive and how strong. I had a set of $10 rabbit ears at my last 2 houses that picked up all the HD stations perfectly. In my last place, I installed them in the attic. We normally install the big winegard or channel master antennas in attics for clients and depending on the area they work great or not good at all. Sometimes I have had to aim them 180 degrees from where the towers are to get good signal. I have had good and bad luck with every type of antenna. It all comes down to how friendly the environment is. Some parts of town here are just horrible to try and get anything.

I bought a Mohu Leaf for our current place which is a suck for TV reception because of the hole we are in and maybe the high voltage lines running right by the house. It worked better than anything else I tried but was still not perfect. I let a friend borrow it to try before he bought an antenna. That was 3 months ago and I have not seen it since. It worked great at his place less than 15 miles from me.

Go to best buy or wherever you feel comfortable, and buy one of each and return all except the one that works best. :)
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse