The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday November 23, 2014 at 15:34
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
IMHO there is nothing out there quite like the ProntoPro. I still use the Pronto's as I stated a few posts back, but my HA interface is the iPad/iPhone. There is a wall mounted iPad in each room of the house, and an app on the iPhone that I can use when I need mobility. The wall mount is thinner than standard wallboard so placement is very flexible with a very high WAF.

When I started looking at Pronto alternatives I focused on the iPad and looked at iRule and CommandFusion. I actually started with iRule, but eventually switched to the CommandFusion system consisting of their free guiDesigner system for windows (think PEP) and the IViewer app, a little expensive, for the iPad/iPhone.

The main reason for the choice was that the CF system had a full Javascript engine so I could program fairly involved functionality in a manner very similar to using Prontoscript. I use exactly the same js code for both the iPad and the iPhone, but the graphics and layout are obviously quite different.

At the current time the CF system also operates on Android devices but that is relatively new having some birthing pains

Hosting Services by ipHouse