The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 72 made on Thursday November 6, 2014 at 12:59
dkap
Long Time Member
October 2002
On October 14, 2013 at 12:32, jzcope said...
I ordered an R40 a couple of weeks ago, had major problems with the learning then found out about the firmware version 1.15 learn problem. I called URC, got a RGA and sent it back. The new one was back in about a week. An interesting thing about the new one is that it will not show you the firmware version number.

I noticed the same thing. My buggy old R40 showed the 1.14 firmware, but my new one doesn't have it anywhere that I can find. I haven't encountered any glitches, so I'm assuming it really is 1.20, but it would be nice to have confirmation of that given the R40's history.

jzcope's message from just over a year ago was the only one I've been able to find mentioning this. Is it true for everyone that the newer firmware isn't listed in the settings?

Having been a MX-500 user for 12 years or so now, I'm finding the bug-less R40 to be a very competent and fairly intuitive replacement. The buttons are more solid, although the MX-500 was easier to differentiate the more spaced out and varied size buttons by feel. I love how easy it is to edit labels without an instruction manual like with the MX, and the OLED display is a huge improvement. It'll take some getting used to only 6 buttons per screen instead of 10, but 8 screens per device instead of 2 more than makes up for that.

Dan

Hosting Services by ipHouse