The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday October 25, 2014 at 05:09
nellie7979
Long Time Member
July 2008
I just want to say goodbye to my Philips Pronto 9800 as well as everyone that has helped Pronto enthusiasts on this forum over the past years.

When I started programming my first Pronto ten years ago I thought I'd be using them forever. When Philips announced they were ceasing the Pronto line, I immediately purchased several backup 9800s. Unfortunately the age of the smartphone coupled with my recent marriage has put an end to my affair with the TSU9800. Too intimidating for my wife to use comfortably, I was always left in control of the remote. If the volume was too soft or too loud, rather than adjusting it herself, she would request that I do it. Oh, my sweet wife, I'll never understand how the Volume+/Volume- button confuses you... but now you have no excuse. With Roomie now installed on our iPhones she is left with excuse and must make such adjustments herself.

My friends and family are fawning over the new Roomie setup. "No remote controls at all?!" they say, excited...

"Yes. No more remote controls at all," I say out loud.
"Except for the one which will always remain in my heart," I say only for myself to hear.

Pronto, I hope you know I truly loved thee.

Hosting Services by ipHouse