Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday August 20, 2014 at 02:32
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On May 23, 2014 at 19:37, OBICO said...
...which will reclaim 600 MHz - 20 UHF tv channels for wireless communications. 

Just so I won't have to read the whole thing, are you saying they're going to reclaim 20 TV channels in the range of 600 MHz, or are you saying that they're going to reclaim 600 MHz of spectrum by getting rid of 20 UHF channels (which sounds wrong)?

Stations broadcasting above channel 31 will be moved to a lower channel frequency if they do not elect to relinquish their licence.

I wonder how this will affect markets such as Los Angeles and New York, which have very few open channels!

An antennaweb.org search for TV stations that can be received just south of downtown Los Angeles shows

Los Angeles, CA 90011
Up to 122 channels from 34 over-the-air stations may be received at this location.

There are simply not 34 channels below channel 31, especially as, to my knowledge, Low Band VHF is no longer being used.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse