Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday December 4, 2013 at 09:49
Hi-FiGuy
January 2004
What a fantastic service to offer in house!

My concerns are, is your massive investment going to be worth it in the long run?

Its awesome you have somebody that can do it NOW, but what does the future hold if he/she leaves?

Would you find somebody else to fill the shoes or would you shut it down?

This would be opening another business within you business and would have to be kept separate from the rest.

Do you have the space to build all the pieces that would have to be separate from your electronics for dust control.

What kind of regulatory issues are you going to incur with finishes and dust control. I know in So Cal varnishes/paint/finishes in a business are a mother regulatory wise. And you WILL be unannounced inspected.

As far as how to charge you would have to monitor every minute of every aspect of the jobs to build a base of efficiency of said employee, costs and ALL time involved. Compare that with previous bills from other companies. Hopefully they have itemized break down of labor and material and you don't have a bill that says "build and install theater 10k".

I think what you want to do is a great service to you clients, but will soon turn into a very daunting, but rewarding task.

I hope you don't think you are just going to buy a table saw and a router and start making this stuff tomorrow because you have a "guy".

Go for it, Rock & Roll. Its part of my ultimate shop visions.

Do your homework.

Hosting Services by ipHouse