The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday September 30, 2013 at 00:58
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On September 25, 2013 at 22:55, SDShack said...
Hi Ernie, thanks so much for responding to my post. My ONLY problem is I can't pick up KNSD NBC San Diego (UHF 630 MHz). This station only broadcasts at 18 kW ERP from a tower located at 153 degrees SSE at about 40 miles. My DIY gapless Gray-Hoverman DOES pick up the other UHF stations (Fox, PBS, Independents) from the same tower just fine. So I know my antenna is aimed properly, and actually works properly. The only problem is picking up NBC-San Diego.

Please refer to channels by real channel number, not frequency, and/or by call signs for what you're trying to do as that's how the reference sites cite them.

Something is squirrely here.

I just went to tvfool.com and pretended I was in 91911. I have no idea where any zip codes are in your county, nor what zip code you're in. That's another bit of info needed to follow this through.

tvfool shows me the info from 91911. This is only a few of the stations shown there, but I'll concentrate on the stations in the same direction as KNSD. This edit window does not do TAB moves so I'll put periods between info...

call...........chan.....sig pwr....
KUSI-DT.....18.....-24.4...
KSWB-TV....19.....-24.5...
KPBS-DT.....30.....-25.4...
KNSD-TV.....40.....-26.0...

So this analytical tool says that KNSD is the eleventh strongest signal in 91911 and within two degrees of the others shown. I know you are in North County, but that alone does not explain why you cannot get KNSD when it is nearly equal in signal level to these other stations, which in my example are about 8 miles from the tower.

You have not supplied enough information for me to look at the tools I have and suggest an answer. Please run a tvfool report for yourself and see what it says. And share it.

By the way, there are other stations in that general direction, but their signal power levels are more than 10 dB down from these guys. I don't know what's happening there, by the way. Also I checked the LA stations that showed up in this report. There aren't any on Ch 40 and they're all about 60 dB lower anyway.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse