Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday August 2, 2013 at 13:30
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
** LANCE MCGREW **
You have made yourself look like an idiot. I'm not saying you don't have a problem, but you sure chose an abrasive and off-putting way to deal with it. Not only have you tested the patience of the guys from Snap with this approach, you've got to look at this:
*Right now, below your name in your first post, it says "It's My First Day!" That's normal at this site on the first day of your membership. We who have been here for a while have learned that very often that can mean "I don't know WTF I'm doing, I'm a total newb!"
*The thread title,

** WIREPATH SURVEILLANCE ** POOR EXPERIENCE **

would be used by most of us, if ever, after we had contacted the manufacturer and, over the course of several days, had found them uncooperative, jerks, and/or idiots. This seems to be your first communication with ANYBODY technical about this, and you've thrown them under the bus without even knowing how good they are at working with you to solve this.

*Not only did you do this in a way that exposes your lack of patience and finesse to the Snap guys, your crass act is how you've chosen to introduce yourself to everyone here at remotecentral. You've shot yourself in the foot. It will be months before I will take seriously anything you have to say.

*It's astoundingly unusual that you've gotten responses in a public forum from ANY manufacturer! I know this is partly a fluke of you staying up late on a school night, but they answered you IN LESS THAN THREE HOURS. What, exactly, is your complaint about Snap as a company, that would force you to create such an insulting GENERALIZED thread title?

*I just looked at your first thread again, which starts "I have been attempting to use ONE...." Jeez, it's your first day with Snap, too, or so close as to show you have no experience with them? As I wrote this, the thought occurred to me "you go to a new fast-food joint, get something with fries, you don't like the fries, and you take out a full-page ad in the newspaper to warn everybody." The difference is that you were able to do this here for free.

Chill, man. Realize when you're new at something, or something is new to you, that you might not know how to really assess the problem. For instance, your complaint that it won't play .avi files is or might be, the Media Player but you're on Snap for blood. I mean, it won't play on my 1986 Zenith portable with DOS 3.0 and the ten megabyte hard drive either, but I don't blame Snap! Your best approach would be to come here and ask if others have the same kind of problems. Look at the responses you got anyway -- some seconding your experience, some saying to look at other things.

Snap did NOT deserve this. This is your first day: did you know that if you open your first post to edit, you can change the thread title to something a bit less hysterical?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse