The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday July 27, 2013 at 09:17
Jerre
Lurking Member
July 2013
This is the second s2000 antenna I have used since the HD swap over. The first caught a lightning charge . I have had the second one for about 3 years and is mounted on the peak of the house.
When normal it covers 27 channels My problem is the local CBS 5 channel that is at 27 Deg North 9 miles away.
All the other 26 channels have a steady signal strength of around 90%. Channel 5 steady signal is around 65% .When it acts up it goes from around 50% to 10%.
Conditions causing the signal loss vary but usually late afternoon, weather storms north of the house any ware to local and 30 miles away.

When I get weather I put the tv on to the local 5 sub weather radar channel to observe. A strange observation today was we had sudden very heavy downpour for about 3 minutes I turned the station on a there was a very small cell in the area and it was clear in the surrounding area for at least 20 miles.
With in 3 or 4 minutes after the squall I had a complete signal loss on channel 5 and after 30 minutes it has recovered to about 50% signal but erratic 10%

The only other factor we have very large trees within 100' that the antenna shoots thru. Of the 67 degree quadrant that we receive the other 26 stations channel 5 is at the west limit but there is channel 10 about 1 mile away.

Help '''

Hosting Services by ipHouse