The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Tuesday January 1, 2013 at 23:40
Mario
Loyal Member
November 2006
Brendon, let me/us know what you end up doing.
I'm like you, a one man shop. I have no idea how I'm going to handle things once I get employees and small stuff starts seeming walking off the van.

I do have a "Misc Parts" line item in QB and I 'wing-it' at the end of day for what the $ amount should be. I mean how do you figure the cost of partial label maker tape? However, at $15 for a 12' Rhino tape, that starts to add up.

I consciously give away few small parts (plate, connector, short cable), so typing them in QB is not worth it.
From proper business standpoint you should bill and credit everything; to a degree.
I have given things to clients where I did line item them (or sum them onto 1 line) and then given a one line discount.
Just last week I did a 30min service call (on my way home) and I billed $140 for a "1hr min service call", then gave $140 courtesy discount. Yea, client got a bill for $0; but I digress.

I want to have something that I can keep track of the small stuff, like the drywall screws, the RJ45 keystone jacks and plugs. I hate getting to the job-site and needing 5 plates, but only having 4. Then logging to SnapAV's site and placing $25 order and paying $12 S/H.
I don't want to keep track of each F-81 connector; just estimating that I only have 15 in the tray, so I should order some.
So for me it's more of a need for a shopping or reminder list, than an inventory accounting software.

Hosting Services by ipHouse